Wow, looks like palm quietly released an update to the Treo 700w / 700wx for Verizon. I may test this update soon. I have already hacked the Bluetooth on my 700w to allow A2DP to work with my Motorola HT280 wireless headphones. PDAnet has already added the ability to use Bluetooth DUN. Sometimes upgrades like this scare me, they might break what I’ve already done. I will be using Palm’s “Sprite Backup” utility to make a complete backup of my Treo incase the official update screws it up. I will let you know how it goes if I do it.
This official update includes the following changes:
What does this update do?
This update is designed for both the Palm Treo 700w and the Palm Treo 700wx running on the Verizon Wireless network. This will update the smartphone’s software to the latest release, version 1.22.
On the Treo 700w, this update features:
- High-speed dial up networking (DUN) – use your Treo smartphone as a wireless modem for fast web access virtually anywhere1. Supports USB and Bluetooth connections.
- Advanced audio support (A2DP) – listen to the clear sounds of high-definition audio with new support for Bluetooth stereo headsets.
- Today Screen enhancements – one-touch access to the Speakerphone and Mute control buttons gives you more freedom than ever.
- Hands-free enhancements – Drive safely and work more efficiently. Get support for even more Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.
- Abbreviated dialing preferences – save time with the international dialing prefix and abbreviated dialing for campus environments.
On the 700wx, this update features:
- Update Registry settings for Bluetooth stereo headsets (A2DP) and Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking (DUN) support.
- DUN performance improvements.
- Additional Daylight Savings Time features.
1 Within wireless service coverage area only. Additional service charges may apply. Connection via USB sync cable (included in box) or Bluetooth® wireless technology.